Soul Society Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soul Society Server Forums!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Update on the server progress!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Update on the server progress! Empty
PostSubject: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2015, 1:03 am

Ok for the moment the server has been unlinked from the anime hub it was connected to as we chosen to update to 1.8. Once the rest of the hub updates we plan to reconnect with them.

As for the races we plan to include Hollows, Shinigami and Quincys. There will be a fourth and maybe fifth race but as of yet we are undecided on what those races will be. It is unlikely Bounts will be one of the races as it would be to difficult and time consuming to custom create an NPC Doll for every player who wanted one. Fullbringers are one of the races being considered but again they have the same issue when it comes to custom creating powers for them for each player straight at the start, if we did implement them its likely we would have generic racial powers for them to start with and maybe introduce custom stuff later on.

Magic is also getting an update, although for the most part it will be an unseen one. Before we have always used a pseudo 'leveling' system with some of the spells, Hollows will be the most aware of this system as its the one that swapped out weaker spells for stronger versions as they evolved. That was the original extent of our last attempt at a leveling system and although it was the best we could do at the time it was quite honestly rather poor. It literally involved setting up systems that would give a player a spell at one stage then replace it with an almost identical but stronger version at the next stage. Doing this meant have 4-5 versions of the same spells in a lot of the files which took up a lot of file space and server ram to maintain.

However, I can now say that will no longer be the case. Using the variable system that MS has had for a while I can now make a single version of a spell that depending on the caster will have a varying damage, duration or range. The way to increase the power level of the spell will simply be to cast it regularly. The new versions will be setup so that after every 100 casts or so the spells power will be increased by about 10% which in turn will increase its damage, duration or range by 10% too.

One of the downsides I have to report is that whilst we now have more stuff to play with in 1.8 the update has delayed the construction of the maps while we fix the issues it caused with what was already built.
Back to top Go down
https://soulsocietyserver.rpg-board.net
KingArcadia

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2015, 2:07 am

Will there be a leadership system in the Hollow and Quincy Races?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2015, 2:17 am

Yes although the leadership won't be so tightly regulated like the shinigami are. I've added in the SimpleClans plugin (I altered it so that its now reads as SimpleSquads instead though and all commands are /squad not /clan). Hollows and quincys will be able to use this as well as shinigami to create groups, however they must have an active multimembered squad for it to continue to exist. The groups can either ally with each other or fight each other for control.
Back to top Go down
KingArcadia

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2015, 10:42 pm

Sounds neat. Can't wait to fight for Quincy leadership.
Back to top Go down
Mahlightning/Daracion

Location : Asleep in the menos forest, probably dreaming about old characters( daracion, vlad

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 11:48 pm

Hollow leadership will be fun. And by that i mean ill be in the human world during the war which will probably take place and listen to chat from there >.>
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 1:22 am

Hiding out in the human world might not be any better, as it may end up being full of quincy and patrolling shinigami.
Back to top Go down
Mahlightning/Daracion

Location : Asleep in the menos forest, probably dreaming about old characters( daracion, vlad

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 1:24 am

Hoping that i will have a little time to either explore the new map wotl or if its the same ill hide in(insert secret hiding zones here).  Mainly because shinigami have to be trained(hoping to god captains wont be patrolling).  And quincy will be busy training as well. First though like every other time this servers opened hollows are going to most likely

A. Go on a mob killing spree attempting to rankup.
B. Hunt other players thinking they will get alot of xp that way(the fools and trolls).
C. Go to Hueco mundo and attempt to find a way to reach the wotl and or soul society(those seeking death and or faster training aka me.)

Last edited by Mahlightning/Abaddon on June 18th 2015, 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 1:30 am

Actually we are automating most of the academy so training will likely take a day or two for most students now and there may be a leveling system in place to let them train and learn kido faster than before too. Safest place for you might actually be to hide in the Las Noches maze or find the hole into the Forest of Menos and take cover there.
Back to top Go down
Mahlightning/Daracion

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 1:31 am

Ill take your advice on that.  Menos forest always was a nice place to be. And it takes people a while to find it normally. Think it was 2 days last time.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 1:32 am

Good place to level up too.
Back to top Go down
Mahlightning/Daracion

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 1:33 am

Yep lvling process still the same for hollows im assuming. Or was the lvl cap raised more or less?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 1:35 am

Leveling will be a bit different this time but will still largely involve killing things, just need to tweak it to be harder to hit vasto lorde and arrancar so quickly. There may even be built in limiters so there can only be a few of each at any one time.
Back to top Go down
Mahlightning/Daracion

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 1:36 am

Sounds nice. I think either harder or limiters would work well. Anyways thanks for the update and thank you for your hard work on the server.
Back to top Go down
OreMiner64

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2015, 9:21 am

Hello remember me?I am the Guy from the First Server Back in the Day.I do not really remember that name...Something Abarai.Anyways I would like to ask you when do you think the server will finally be open
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2015, 7:06 pm

Your old name was Judai Abarai I believe.

Bleach has been put on hold as one admin has been dismissed, one is leaving for college in less than 2 months and one will be busy with RL issues so will only be able to come on part time. That leaves only 1 admin available full time and they don't have the skills or knowledge needed to manage the server and its plugins alone.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2015, 6:28 pm

Server may be coming back. We only have 3 staff until the end of the month when we drop down to 2 so if any of you want to help keep the server going get applying in the General Chat section.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2015, 8:22 pm

Server IP is now 24.3.237.138:25565
Whitelist is off for the minute.
Back to top Go down
KingArcadia

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2015, 12:41 am

Upon reopening, will all races be active and ready to use/progress in?

I remember each race had a problem on the last opening.
Shinigami didn't have proper "classes" yet.
Hollows weren't able to progress to any kind of later stage if there were players that already had higher ranks.
Quincies were just set as "human" and given regular bows.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2015, 1:22 am

Every race will be fully implemented on the new launch of the server. The hollow thing wasn't a problem, it was intentional, the old system for hollow leveling we had meant that we'd end up with dozens of Vasto Lorde class Arrancar so we had to setup limits to prevent that.
Back to top Go down
KingArcadia

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2015, 9:31 am

Good to know. I can't wait to join in and fight my way to Quincy leadership. Thanks for your efforts in making a good server and community.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on the server progress!   Update on the server progress! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on the server progress!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Society Server :: News & Information :: News-
Jump to: